San Mateo County Neighborhood Guides
Explore the top-rated communities in San Mateo County, California. Browse through each of our detailed community pages to get various information that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Homes for Sale in San Mateo County, CA
San Mateo County is a thriving area and one of the best places to live in California due to its prime location, outstanding amenities, lively recreational destinations, and superb real estate market.
With its engaged and hard-working executive officers, San Mateo County also offers its residents a better quality of life. Providing high-quality services that help improve the lives of the people who reside in the county is a crucial goal for the San Mateo County council, prioritizing protecting and developing the community’s healthcare, security, economic, and environmental assets. Among the beautiful cities in San Mateo County includes Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae, San Mateo, San Bruno, and South San Francisco. These cities encompass several wonderful communities with their amenities and gorgeous residential homes. If you are interested to know more about San Mateo County or other fantastic areas in California, please feel free to call or email our team.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS INITIATIVES: Providing for its citizens’ general welfare and overall safety is of paramount importance to the San Mateo County council. The SMCReady effort was launched by the San Mateo County (SMC) Executive Office in response to this concern. SMCReady is a program that encourages citizens of San Mateo County to get informed before an emergency occurs to be in a better position if something should happen in their community. SMCReady acts as a focal point for emergency preparedness in the region. You’ll discover information on what to do in an urgent situation, step-by-step instructions on how to connect, and helpful guidelines to assist you in being prepared. Officials from San Mateo County encourage everyone to spread the word about SMCReady to their friends and family and help their loved ones and their community get ready.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY: The county of San Mateo, which is a component of the greater San Francisco Bay Area, is only a few minutes away from the gorgeous San Francisco Bay. Many parks, such as Bayfront Park, Harborview Park, and Ryder Park, are available for families in San Mateo County to take advantage of the Bay Area’s benefits. There are also a variety of dining options and a marina and lodging options in the vicinity.
COUNTY RECREATION: Aside from the beautiful grandeur of the San Francisco Bay, San Mateo County is also home to various fantastic recreational facilities readily accessible to families in San Mateo County. Leisure sites, along with numerous trails and other historic areas in the region, are managed by the County of San Mateo Parks Department. About 22 parks, trails, and historic sites are currently dispersed throughout the county, including Coyote Point and Crystal Springs.
San Mateo County Market Information
10 Real Estate Facts About San Mateo County, CA
- On the real estate market in San Mateo County, a selection of superb single-family houses with exceptional architectural details and quality may be found, all at reasonable prices. In addition, several multi-family dwellings, townhomes, and condominium units can be located in various county areas.
- The affluent residential properties in the region are valued between $1.05 million and $10 million.
- San Mateo County’s affordable homes are priced between $400,000 and less than $1 million, making them a good investment for starter properties.
- Homes in the area are typically built with one to five bedrooms.
- In addition, depending on the size of the house, they are typically created with one to four-bath plans.
- With the most prevalent floor plans ranging in size from 400 sq. ft. to 2,000 sq. ft., the residential houses in San Mateo County provide considerable interior living space up to almost 5,700 sq. ft.
- Properties have lots ranging from around 0.06 acres to 2.41 acres on average.
- Craftsman, Traditional, Eichler, Cottage, French, and Tudor home designs are among the most prominent architectural finishes in San Mateo County.
- There is presently only one available vacant lot for sale in San Mateo County, and it is now listed for $1.8 million. The lot is 0.25 acres in size.
- At this time, there are no apartments purchasable in the area.
Latest Homes for Sale in San Mateo County, CA
San Mateo County Neighborhoods Map
The picturesque County of San Mateo is ideally located on the western expanse of the San Francisco Bay in California. The region sits on the southern portion of San Francisco, roughly 32.8 miles away, and is accessible in less than an hour, approximately 45 minutes travel by car. San Mateo County is also located near the San Francisco Airport, about 23.4 miles south of the airport, and can be reached in more or less 30 minutes by taking CA-92 East and Interstate 280.
San Mateo, CA Neighborhoods Integrated Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. We believe it is of the utmost importance that you feel informed, up to date, and confident in our business relationship. We run our team with efficiency, combining high tech with high touch and being available to you at all times of the day and on weekends. Please contact us to discuss your specific goals; we look forward to working with you.