Daly City, CA Neighborhoods
Explore the top-rated communities in Daly City, California. Browse through each of our detailed community pages to get various information that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Homes for Sale in Daly City, CA
Daly City is a coastal gem at the northernmost edge of San Mateo County. Its boundaries stretch from the Pacific Ocean to nearly the shores of the San Francisco Bay.
Its origins trace back to a Spanish land grant in the 18th century, evolving from agricultural beginnings into a thriving farming community. The post-World War II urban expansion of the San Francisco Bay area brought about significant growth, transforming Daly City into a residential hub and a regional center for retail and healthcare. It now thrives with approximately 31,600 affordable residential units, ranging from single-family homes to apartments. Many offer incredible views of the Pacific Ocean, the San Francisco Bay, or some of the most picturesque golf courses in the country. It is incredibly accessible, with Highways 101 and 82, Interstate 280, and the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system connecting it to neighboring counties.
GATEWAY TO THE PENINSULA: Daly City is centrally positioned between the employment powerhouses of San Francisco and San Mateo counties. It becomes a focal point for regional activities, contributing to its vibrancy. It presents a promising trajectory for economic growth due to its prime location, diverse industries, and a dynamic, young workforce. It attracts several small businesses, increasing job opportunities and further advancements.
RECREATIONAL PARADISE: The city offers many recreational options, balancing work and play. Enjoy the scenic seven-mile coastline, explore San Bruno Mountain’s sprawling parkland, tee off at the prestigious Lake Merced Golf and Country Club, or witness lively events at the Cow Palace Arena. In addition, the Recreation Department provides over 2,000 classes in engaging activities, from ballroom dancing to quilting and intramural sports. It is a destination for a well-rounded and fulfilling living experience.
ENRICHING QUALITY OF LIFE: Daly City elevates the quality of life through educational excellence, convenient shopping, and top-notch healthcare facilities. It hosts three elementary school districts, numerous private and parochial learning centers, and higher education universities within a ten-mile radius. The area is home to the leading Seton Medical Center, which provides excellent acute care and healthcare services. The three major regional shopping centers within its borders offer a whopping 3.1 million square feet of retail space, providing stores, restaurants, and entertainment.
Daly City, CA Market Information
10 Real Estate Facts About Daly City, CA
- Daly City encompasses the neighborhoods of Westlake, St. Francis Heights, Serramonte, Top of the Hill, Hillside, Crocker, Southern Hills, and Bayshore.
- Approximately 23% of Daly City homes were constructed between 1950 and 1959, with a median age of 51.
- Over 50% of residences in Daly City consist of single-family detached homes.
- Homes in Daly City span from $508,000 to $2M with footprints from 786 to 3,000 sq ft.
- The city has around 6,900 apartment units, offering studios, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom layouts.
- Condos vary from $408,000 to $995,000, with sizes ranging from 495 to 1,600 sq ft.
- Major shopping centers in Daly City include Serramonte Center and Westlake Shopping Center.
- Daly City is a vital public transit hub, served by Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) at its namesake station and Colma Station.
- Daly City experiences a climate akin to San Francisco, characterized by spring and late summer fog, cool and dry summers, and mild, wet winters.
- It boasts a relatively low violent crime index of 13.3 (vs US average of 22.7) and a property crime index of 25.5 (vs US average of 35.4).
Latest Homes for Sale in Daly City, CA
Daly City, CA Map
Daly City, CA, is less than 10 miles south of San Francisco. Brisbane borders it to the east, and Pacifica is to the south. Interstate 280 and State Routes 1, 35, and 82 comprise Daly City’s highway network.
Ready to take the next step?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. We believe it is of the utmost importance that you feel informed, up to date, and confident in our business relationship. We run our team with efficiency, combining high tech with high touch and being available to you at all times of the day and on weekends. Please contact us to discuss your specific goals; we look forward to working with you.
Who Lives in Daly City, CA
Things to do in Daly City, CA
Featured Neighborhoods in Daly City
Articles Based in Daly City
Photo by Tamar Gogua on Unsplash The flourishing city of Burlingame in San Mateo County, California occupies a sizable portion of the San Francisco Peninsula’s
There are plenty of pet-friendly restaurants in San Mateo and Burlingame that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables. Need help deciding where to eat? Check