Hillsborough, CA Neighborhoods
Explore the top-rated communities in Hillsborough, California. Browse through each of our detailed community pages to get various information that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Homes for Sale in Hillsborough, CA
Hillsborough, California, is mainly a residential town in San Mateo County, considered nearly 100% residential since the area has no commercial zone.
Hillsborough developed as a premier and elite residential community, with residences frequently valued in the millions of dollars due to the enormous size of the homes and the exceptional features they possess. Despite not having any tourism infrastructure or restaurants within the town limits, Hillsborough boasts its lovely attractions, particularly the historic sites in the area. A visit to Hillsborough allows one to see the most popular attractions within the town and in the surrounding metropolitan areas. We encourage you to get in touch with a qualified professional if you have any questions regarding this wonderful region of Hillsborough, California. We look forward to hearing from you!
INCORPORATED TOWN: Being an incorporated town, Hillsborough has a more profound commitment to social identity and better influence over its land use judgments. Their elected authorities are also in place, and they can make efforts to enhance the standard of living in the community. The fact that you live in an incorporated town also guarantees that your area is well-maintained and that you have a great combination between society and solitude. It is also their responsibility to ensure the town’s safety, which is vital for all the citizens who inhabit the area.
LARGE PROPERTIES: Hillsborough’s structure is highlighted by relatively large homes and other substantial buildings. According to the municipal zoning and subdivision rules, the minimum house size in the region is 2,500 square feet, with a minimum lot size of 0.5 acres. There are currently no flats, condominiums, or townhouses available within the city borders due to the ordinances. Mid-sized and large families will have a diverse array of housing options in the immediate neighborhood to choose from.
LOVELY COUNTRYSIDE: Hillsborough has no industrial zoning, and as a result, there are no retail stores or commercial shops within the town borders; the only non-residential assets in Hillsborough are the town’s public and private educational institutions, town and county government offices, a golf course and country club, and a few local parks. This type of town structure is suitable for families who choose to live in places where peace and quiet are the essential attributes. Living in Hillsborough provides the option to experience a rural lifestyle without being surrounded by the hustle and bustle of metropolitan life.
Hillsborough Market Information
10 Real Estate Facts About Hillsborough, CA
- Gorgeous single-family homes are the only available residential property type accessible in Hillsborough, California.
- There are no apartment flats, multi-family homes, condo units, or townhouses for sale in the region due to the town’s minimum house and lot size requirement.
- Upscale homes in Hillsborough that are still available and listed on the market are priced between $3.68 million and $19.8 million.
- A house will have anything between three and eleven chambers in most cases.
- Other properties are meant to feature anywhere from two to fourteen bathrooms, determined by the size of the structure.
- The interior living space can range from 2,050 sq ft to 25,000 sq ft, and floor plans are frequently offered in various configurations to accommodate different needs.
- There is a wide range of acreage sizes available in Hillsborough, with the majority of lots ranging from approximately 0.38 acres to 2.90 acres.
- Most of the town’s residences were constructed between 1900 and the late 1990s.
- In addition, there is a good selection of vacant lots available for purchase in the Hillsborough area.
- Vacant lots in Hillsborough can be purchased for between $3 million and as much as $7 million, depending on the lot size.
Latest Homes for Sale in Hillsborough, CA
Hillsborough Neighborhoods Map
The town of Hillsborough is located west of Highway 101 and El Camino Real and east of Highway 280, making it a short journey to San Francisco, taking roughly less than 25 minutes to reach the downtown area and approximately 9 minutes away from San Francisco International Airport. Hillsborough’s neighboring areas include Highlands-Baywood Park, located to the south, and Interstate 280, situated to the west. Burlingame also borders Hillsborough to the north, San Mateo to the east, and San Francisco to the west.
Hillsborough Interactive Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. We believe it is of the utmost importance that you feel informed, up to date, and confident in our business relationship. We run our team with efficiency, combining high tech with high touch and being available to you at all times of the day and on weekends. Please contact us to discuss your specific goals; we look forward to working with you.