El Granada, CA Neighborhoods
Explore the top-rated communities in El Granada, California. Browse through each of our detailed community pages to get various information that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Homes for Sale in El Granada, CA
El Granada is a coastal town along the northern edge of Half Moon Bay on the San Mateo County coastline.
It was initially intended as the “Jewel of the Coast,” a grand resort rivaling Atlantic City. However, a twist of fate altered its course, transforming it into a picturesque residential community. You’ll see hillside residences and lovingly restored late 19th-century cottages gracing its streets. Despite having an eclectic mix of home styles, the houses share a common feature—spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and its majestic cliffs, offering a daily dose of coastal beauty. Beyond its architectural allure, the area thrives with shops, restaurants, and various amenities. Conveniently located just 25 miles south of San Francisco and 45 miles from San Jose, El Granada provides an easy commute to the Bay Area’s cultural destinations and job centers.
UNBEATABLE VIEWS: El Granada homes were thoughtfully integrated into the hillsides and built around the Beaux-Arts-designed radial semicircular streets. This unique layout provides extraordinary vistas of the natural scenery and the deep blue waters of the Pacific Ocean wherever you are in the neighborhood. You can also stroll along the sandy shores and welcome the sunrise or admire the sunset steps away from your property. Every corner offers a front-row seat to nature’s masterpiece.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS AS YOUR BACKYARD: El Granada, CA’s northern edge embraces the vast expanse of Rancho Corral de Tierra, a 3,858-acre protected haven recently added to the Golden Gate National Park. Many properties back up to forested land, while some are just minutes away, providing a serene and quiet setting. Stay home and witness views of rolling hills, hidden valleys, and diverse wildlife. Or, explore miles of hiking and biking trails winding through vital watersheds for a deeper connection to nature.
SURFERS’ PARADISE: Mavericks Beach has achieved global acclaim as a legendary surfing destination and a scenic coastal sanctuary. The underwater landforms create an extraordinary big break when winter swells roll in, attracting some of the world’s best big wave talents. This spot hosted the renowned Titans of Mavericks contest from 1999 to 2016—an invitation-only event drawing top surfers. These conditions bring excitement to the adrenaline-seekers and fun to the community.
El Granada, CA Market Information
10 Real Estate Facts About El Granada, CA
- The median age of El Granada real estate is 38 years, with a quarter of the houses built during the 1970s.
- El Granada showcases a range of styles, from renovated ranch homes and bungalows to California Craftsman designs and luxurious modern residences.
- The housing landscape is predominantly single-family homes, with prices ranging from $1.3M to $2M.
- Homes in El Granada vary from 1,200 to 3,400 square feet of interior living space.
- The homesites in El Granada, California, range from 0.09 to 0.16 acres.
- Some distinctive interiors include vaulted, wood-beam ceilings and walls of glass windows framing breathtaking ocean views.
- Home appreciation has substantially increased by 13.3% over the last 12 months.
- El Granada also introduces Condo-Tel communities, perfect for vacation stays or generating income. Units average 515 sq ft and are priced at $565,000.
- The weather remains temperate year-round, with seasonal fog in the summer and cool ocean breezes. Average yearly rainfall is 27.96 inches, and temperatures range between 40 and 75 degrees.
- El Granada’s economy is driven by tourism and agriculture, specializing in floriculture and commercial fishing.
Latest Homes for Sale in El Granada, CA
El Granada, CA Map
El Granada is between Montara and Moss Beach to the north and Miramar and Half Moon Bay to the south. The main access road is State Route 1.
Ready to take the next step?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. We believe it is of the utmost importance that you feel informed, up to date, and confident in our business relationship. We run our team with efficiency, combining high tech with high touch and being available to you at all times of the day and on weekends. Please contact us to discuss your specific goals; we look forward to working with you.
Who Lives in El Granada, CA
Things to do in El Granada, CA
Featured Neighborhoods in El Granada
Articles Based in El Granada
Photo by Tamar Gogua on Unsplash The flourishing city of Burlingame in San Mateo County, California occupies a sizable portion of the San Francisco Peninsula’s
There are plenty of pet-friendly restaurants in San Mateo and Burlingame that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables. Need help deciding where to eat? Check