Pacifica, CA Neighborhoods
Explore the top-rated communities in Pacifica, California. Browse through each of our detailed community pages to get various information that will help you decide on getting that perfect home!
Homes for Sale in Pacifica, CA
Pacifica, CA, is a beachfront city that stretches across a captivating six-mile expanse of beaches and hills in San Mateo County.
It stands out as the region’s most panoramic coastal town, celebrated for its stunning shoreline, rocky bluffs, and expansive sandy beaches. The land was once home to Ohlone Indian villages and was later incorporated in 1957. It results from merging nine previously separate communities into a cohesive whole. Now divided into roughly eleven districts, the city boasts diverse housing options, from single-family homes and townhouses to condos and million-dollar coastal havens. The area is just 15 minutes from San Francisco and easily accessible via Highway 1, making it a convenient and picturesque retreat for those seeking coastal charm close to the core.
TRANQUIL PARADISE: The name “Pacifica,” a Spanish word meaning “peaceful,” was chosen by Thomas Barca by vote. It stays true to its moniker, with the Pacific Ocean on its west offering a rhythmic lullaby of waves. The spectacle of the setting sun paints the sky with warm hues, showcasing displays of nature’s artistry. Beyond these, the neighborhoods are surrounded by expansive public parklands, giving them a secluded and serene feel. These create a calming retreat far removed from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
SURFING BEACHES: Pacifica hosts some of the Bay Area’s finest surfing beaches. Linda Mar State Beach, nestled just north of Pedro Point, offers a picturesque and wind-protected stretch, attracting both novice and seasoned surfers. On the other hand, Rockaway Beach provides a more challenging experience, surrounded by rocks that create alcoves with rip tides. The city also offers the opportunity to witness the thrill of renowned surfing contests like World Dog Surfing, the Kahuna Kapuna, and The Big Chill, making Pacifica a paradise for anyone who loves riding the waves.
COASTAL RECREATION: Pacifica extends its charm beyond its pristine beaches. The city is a mountain biking destination featuring trails like Pedro Mountain Road, Sweeney Ridge, and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. You can also hike scenic tracks winding along beaches and bluffs, such as Mori Point, San Pedro Valley County Park, Frontierland Park, the Sanchez Adobe, Milagra Ridge, and the privately owned Rockaway Quarry. For a change of pace, reel in striped bass and salmon at Pacifica Pier or head to one of the whale-watching locations to get a front-row seat to the majestic migration of these marine giants.
Pacifica, CA Market Information
10 Real Estate Facts About Pacifica, CA
- Pacifica offers oceanfront residences, some mere steps from the beach and others showcasing panoramic views of hills and valleys.
- The median age of Pacifica’s real estate is 52 years, with approximately 27% of homes constructed in the notable 1950s era.
- Condos are primarily in the northern section, ranging from $825,000 to $1.2M, offering 1,100 to 1,900 sq ft of comfortable living space.
- Pacifica’s townhouses, priced between $775,000 and $998,000, present a cozy and charming option with sizes ranging from 960 to 1,400 sq ft.
- Scattered across the landscape are single-family homes varying from $1M to $3.8M, measuring 1,000 to 5,100 sq ft.
- The land sizes in Pacifica range from 0.11 to 0.44 acres
- Pacifica has experienced a 13.3% increase in home appreciation over the last 12 months.
- Pacifica’s violent crime index is 12.2 while the property crime index is 24.1, both lower than the national average.
- The city enjoys a warm summer Mediterranean climate characteristic of California.
- The area anticipates an impressive projected job growth rate of 39.80%, surpassing the national average of 30.54%.
Latest Homes for Sale in Pacifica, CA
Pacifica, CA Map
Pacifica is 12 miles south of San Francisco. It is bordered by the ridges of the Coast Range to the east, the Montara Mountains to the south, and the vast expanse of the Pacific Ocean to the west.
Ready to take the next step?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients. We believe it is of the utmost importance that you feel informed, up to date, and confident in our business relationship. We run our team with efficiency, combining high tech with high touch and being available to you at all times of the day and on weekends. Please contact us to discuss your specific goals; we look forward to working with you.
Who Lives in Pacifica, CA
Things to do in Pacifica, CA
Featured Neighborhoods in Pacifica, CA
Articles Based in Pacifica
Photo by Tamar Gogua on Unsplash The flourishing city of Burlingame in San Mateo County, California occupies a sizable portion of the San Francisco Peninsula’s
There are plenty of pet-friendly restaurants in San Mateo and Burlingame that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables. Need help deciding where to eat? Check