San Mateo on Ice Holiday Skating Rink is back for its 9th season in Central Park! The rink takes over Fitzgerald Field beginning tomorrow; Friday, November 11th, 2022. The ice skating rink will remain open through Sunday, January 8th, 2023. That’s nearly two whole months for you to lace up and enjoy the season.
Known for being the largest holiday ice rink in the Bay Area, San Mateo on Ice offers both daytime and evening hours over the holiday season, with some local-business-sponsored free-skate days sprinkled in as well. You can view their entire events calendar HERE. They have ticket prices separated into “standard” and “premium” categories, depending on the date you choose to skate.
Standard Pricing, $18.00/person
Nov. 14 -1 7
Nov. 28 – 29
Dec. 1, 5, 6, 8
Dec. 12, 13, 15
Jan. 3 – 5
Premium Pricing, $21.00/person
Nov. 11 – 13
Nov. 18 – 27
Dec. 2 – 4
Dec. 9 – 11
Dec. 16 – 31
Jan. 1 – 2
Jan. 6 – 8
We have it on good authority that if you’re looking for low-crowds and standard pricing; weekdays just after opening are you best bet. Tickets can be purchased in advance HERE, or in-person at the San Mateo on Ice ticket counter.
In addition to their regular hours, San Mateo on Ice will be one of the main attractions for San Mateo’s Winter Wonderland on Saturday, December 3rd. You can stay tuned for more information on this event via the City of San Mateo website HERE.
Ahead of your visit to San Mateo on Ice Holiday Skating Rink, here are some details that might come in handy:
– All skaters and spectators must sign a waiver prior to entering. You can find that HERE.
– Helmets are recommended but not required.
– Skate helpers (blue plastic chair-like aids) are available if needed.
– Due to the rink being outdoors, it is subject to current weather– this means it will operate on rainy days but could close should conditions become dangerous at any time. So, it’s a good ideas to check the forecast prior to making you plans. However, if skating in the rain is your jam, make a day of it because they have been known to have rainy-day pricing specials– watch their Facebook page for announcements.
– All ticket sales are final, no refunds due to rain or other weather related-circumstances.
– If you have any questions, it’s best ro reach out directly to San Mateo on Ice Holiday Skating Rink at (650) 344-RINK(7465)
We hope to see you on the ice!
San Mateo on Ice
Holiday Skating Rink
50 E 5th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
(on Fitzgerald field, adjacent to the Hayward Park neighborhood)