Located in the heart of the San Francisco Peninsula, San Bruno, CA, this quaint city offers the perfect mix of urban convenience and small-town charm.
Its top-rated restaurants are just one of the many reasons it is a great place to call home. From classic burgers to Asian cuisine to San Bruno Mexican food, this Bay Area city has it all!
This article enumerates some of the best restaurants in San Bruno, just a fraction of the plethora of dining establishments this city offers, because the list is endless!
A Tapestry of International Flavors
You’ll be amazed at how a small city like San Bruno can take your taste buds all over the world! Here are some of the most exceptional restaurants that serve a diverse range of cuisine from different corners of the globe.
This authentic Japanese restaurant in San Bruno offers the best sushi in the area. Their extensive menu includes seafood, fish, tempura, sushi, beef, soup, and dessert. If you are a sushi eater, you should not miss tasting the exceptional Omakase.
- Gintei Deluxe Chirashi – Premium sashimi over sushi rice.
- Oyako Don – Chicken, egg, and vegetables over rice.
- Shrimp Tempura – Shrimp tempura, cucumber, green onion, avocado, tobiko, and creamy wasabi sauce.
“I can confidently say this is the best sushi restaurant in the bay. I’ve tried so many various sushi places and all of them are pretty bad, this place is easily top 3, honestly top 1 for me in terms of quality of the sushi, my friends and I ordered every special roll and they were all bangers. Service is great too and inside is very clean and modern. Only downside is the pretty limited parking outside. Highly recommend!”
– Alex Lee
2. West Coast Café
Located along San Mateo Avenue, West Coast Café is one of the best Italian restaurants in San Bruno CA, well-known for serving authentic Italian cuisine in a quaint, cozy setting.
- Fettuccine Della Nonna – Fettuccine tossed with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, shrimps, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Gnocchi Gorgonzola – Homemade potato dumplings tossed with spinach and gorgonzola sauce. Pomodoro and Bolognese sauce are also available.
- Linguine Tuttomare – Fresh clams, prawns, scallops, and calamari in pomodoro sauce.
“My first Italian food in SF since 2020, this restaurant really make me happy! The food quality is very good,
1. Bruschetta is excellent, the bread is crispy and the tomato mix with oliver oil has refreshing taste.
2. West coast salad surprised me with a lot of calamari in the toppings.
3. Mixed Seafood spaghetti taste just right. I saw a lot of table ordering this one.
4. Veal with mozzarella cheese on top. I like the meat, tender. There is a piece of ham on top of the mozzarella cheese. I found the ham is a little salty for me.
5. Special tonight, grilled pork chop, big portion and the taste is excellent
The servers are very nice and friend, excellent service and they smile all the time.”
– Andy C
3. Patio Filipino
One of the best Asian restaurants in San Bruno that brings families and friends together in a warm and inviting setting. Come here for authentic Filipino-Spanish cuisine that you will hardly find elsewhere.
- Chicharon Bulaklak – Fried seasoned pork ruffles served with vinegar sauce.
- Crispy Kare Kare – Fried pork shank ( crispy pata ) with peanut sauce, vegetables, and shrimp paste.
- Sizzling Pork Sisig – Diced pork with onions, jalapeno, and egg in a creamy lemon soy sauce.
“Feels like dining in the Philippines. Most yummy Fil resto I’ve ever been to. Our bill was charged with the other table’s drinks but was resolved quickly. My family enjoyed dining in this place. We celebrated my aunt’s bday and she had a very memorable one.”
– Catherine Ong
This family-owned and operated eatery located near San Francisco Airport serves authentic Mediterranean cuisine. Guests come back to relish tasty wood-fired meats and other delightful offerings. The ambiance is warm and inviting, with plenty of seating.
- Grilled Duck Plate – Two Confit Duck Legs, finished on a charcoal grill. Your choice of 2 sides. Includes rice, pita, garlic, and hot sauce.
- Falafel Wrap – Pita bread, Arabic salad, hummus, and tahini.
- Fattoush – Lettuce, baby kale, radish, cucumbers, tomato, onion, mint, sweet peppers, pita chips, and pomegranate sumac dressing.
“Absolutely love this place – the food is very delicious and so flavorful, and the service is exceptional! It was our first time so we asked a bunch of questions but the person who took our order was extremely patient, friendly and helpful. They also have an extensive catering menu – will definitely be catering from them next time as they seem very reliable and experienced so we won’t have to worry about problems with our orders. Love this place!”
– Keira Chu
Local Favorites and Hidden Gems
After you’ve explored the offerings from around the globe, let us take you back to San Bruno to discover the culinary places locals love.
5. Camino Corner
Locals love having breakfast at this pet-friendly eatery in San Bruno, CA. Come here with your leashed pups and enjoy your coffee and waffles on their outdoor patio.
- Pork Chop and Eggs – 2 Pork chops served with 3 Eggs any style. Comes with your choice of hash browns, country potatoes, or white rice.
- Camino Carne Asada – Marinated with Camino’s special sauce. Comes with your choice of rice, hash browns, country potatoes, or French fries. Paired with homemade salsa, freshly sliced red tomatoes, and topped with jalapenos.
- Smoked Salmon Benedict – Toasted English muffin, paired with smoked salmon, soft poached AAA eggs, and topped with Hollandaise sauce. Comes with a choice of hash browns, country potatoes, steamed rice, or three dollar-sized pancakes.
“I’m always on the hunt for a great breakfast spot while traveling and Camino Corner did not disappoint! The space is clean and welcoming. I really liked the dividers between tables inside. Our server was very pleasant and the service was quick. All of the food we ordered was delicious. My only suggestion would be some seasoning on the hash browns, but other than that, we were all thrilled with our food. Highly recommend this small diner!”
– Sarah Walsh
Jack’s is a family-run business offering genuine, old-school hospitality and delicious meals. Their extensive menu reflects the Marcovici family’s Greek-American heritage, offering breakfast items, sandwiches, burgers, salads, and more.
- Mama Eleni’s Meatloaf – All-natural Angus beef, Yukon gold mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and crispy onion rings.
- Polenta – Crispy corn polenta made with asiago cheese, sauteed spinach, seasonal vegetables, and tomato-basil sauce.
- Mediterranean Sampler – Tzatziki, cilantro-jalapeno hummus, tabouli, marinated olives, and warm pita bread.
“It felt like I was in Walnut Creek. Jack’s is a stylish restaurant with a full bar, TVs and an awesome menu. They ran out of country fried steak so I could not order the mighty moose. My second choice was a cheeseburger with garlic fries $15+$1.50, $16.50 garlic fries. This was an incredible 1/2 pound burger. The garlic fries are the 2nd best I’ve had in my life. So good. My friends all enjoyed their meals. Steak & eggs $24, corned beef hash $15 and banana fresh toast $13. Service was excellent.”
– Jeff Ho
7. Toto’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
Toto’s is one of the country’s oldest restaurants. This family-owned and operated pizzeria serves authentic Neapolitan pizzas and other savory meals.
- Pizza a la Toto’s No. 4 – Salami, sausage, and pepperoni.
- Half & Half – Ravioli and your choice of spaghetti or penne.
- Millbraean – Spaghetti and meatballs, and your choice of soup or salad. Served with garlic bread.
“One of my favorite spots for pizza! I’ve gone to their old location in Daly City years ago and their San Bruno location brought back a lot of fond memories.
Their pizzas have a generous amount of toppings compared to some places that skimp out on their meat toppings. Toto’s isn’t part of that trend. They still make delicious, topping packed pizzas!!
We ordered a small pepperoni, sausage and mushroom pizza which was more than enough for the two of us.
We next ordered the ravioli. It was delicious as well! The ravioli were filled with meat and were complimented nicely with their marinara sauce. I’m going to give their spinach ravioli a try next time for sure!
Finally, we ordered their Ceasar salad. The lettuce was crisp and the dressing was spread throughout the entire salad which was a bonus.”
– Mario O
A Culinary Adventure Awaits
San Bruno is definitely a foodie haven worth exploring! Whether you’re a local or planning to visit this charming city, be sure to check out what these restaurants have to offer.
And if you’re considering making San Bruno your home, let us walk you through your options. Feel free to contact us at any time at (650) 629-9898 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will gladly accommodate your questions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, as this ensures you are accommodated once you arrive at your expected time. It is for your convenience, so you don’t have to wait and are assured of a table for you and your companion/s.
San Bruno has several vegetarian-friendly restaurants, including Mazra, Lotus Falafel and Shawerma, and SAJJ Mediterranean.